Tired of seeing "gluten free" on every box at your local grocery store (even though it has absolutely no benefit for 99% of the population)? Well I have good news and bad news. The good news is there's a new food trend that could start to steer some of the hype away from the inconsequential axing of gluten. The bad news is that it's so incredibly revolting that just reading these words might actually make you gag: cockroach milk.
Yes, you read that correctly. It's milk... made by cockroaches. There's no denying that it sounds absolutely disgusting, but suspend your disbelief for a moment and chew on this: A 2016 study of the substance found that not only is it sustainable, it also happens to be far more nutritious than dairy milk. Ugh.
BGR Top Deals:
- The wireless camera that lets your phone see anywhere is at its lowest price ever for Memorial Day
- It’s a crime that this $6 accessory doesn’t come with every Roku Streaming Stick
Trending Right Now:
- Here’s what a NASA camera sees just before it dies
- The 512GB Galaxy Note you’ve been waiting for is in the works
- Don’t buy a new MacBook this week
Take a swig of cockroach milk, the next great food trend originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 28 May 2018 at 11:37:02 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.